Event: Spiritual Tools and Resources for Mental Health Practitioners
Time: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Where: Grace Community Church
To register go to: http://www.eventbrite.com and search “Faith and Mental Health”
About the Course
This training will provide practitioners a way of navigating the faith and spirituality of those they serve within an overall context of integrated health. Particular attention will be given to the practices of spiritual assessment, spiritual support/skill building, and connecting people to external resources and faith communities.
- Participants will increase their awareness of the role of spirituality/faith for those receiving support
- Participants will be able to identify the challenges and opportunities of providing spiritual support
- Participants will gain an understanding of the various approaches to conducting a spiritual assessment
- Participants will learn the formats and tools available to those offering spiritual support/skill-building
- Participants will gain knowledge and strategies for connecting people to other spiritual sources
Target audience includes social workers, professional counselors, marriage and family therapists, recovery coaches, peer specialists, nurses, nurse practitioners, psychiatrists, and substance abuse counselors for this intermediate level of instruction.
- 3.0 PCB Approved Education Credits
- 3.0 Continuing Education Credits for Licensed Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists
- 3.0 Continuing Education Credits for Registered Nurses (RN) and Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN)
There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.
All attendees must arrive promptly at the beginning of the training and remain the duration of the training to receive continuing education credits. Please have license number available when signing in.
Persons with disabilities and special needs are encouraged to contact the registrar for further information.
About the Presenter
Dave Eckert, MDiv, CPRP is the director of the intersect program at Access Services and he collaborates with leaders across multiple systems, faith communities and networks. Dave has been an ordained minister since 2005. He is a board member of the Pennsylvania Association of Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services (PAPRS) and Lakeside Youth Service.
For more information, contact Nancy Scheible, CSP Coordinator at 267-587-2300 ext. 1104 or email@example.com
If you do not receive the professional benefits described in our program materials or you have some other professional complaint, please let us know in writing within 7 days of the training and we will honor your request for a refund.