Leadership coaching is the process of developing talents and competencies within individuals so that they can work more effectively with others. Leadership training often focuses on effective communication skills and understanding the impact of different leadership styles.
St. Luke’s Penn Foundation’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) can help your key employees grow professionally by equipping them with the tools and support they need to be effective leaders. We do this through one-on-one or group training sessions designed to teach a variety of management skills. Your employees will gain and be able to apply leadership tools that will ultimately cultivate a positive, productive workforce.
5 Benefits of Leadership Coaching
- Empowerment – Coaching empowers leaders to do exceptional work. It can help leaders to uncover hidden strengths and weaknesses within themselves. It can also help leaders learn how to empower their team, which increases team member engagement and collaboration.
- Enhanced Performance – Leadership coaching can help leaders gain perspective about their abilities and how to make better use of them. It can help teach leaders new leadership techniques tailored to their weaker areas.
- A Fresh Perspective –The perspective of a leadership coach can be invaluable when looking to make meaningful and lasting changes. A leadership coach can help the leader take a step back and reflect when things are not going well. Together, they can analyze, the problem, discover insight into the leader’s reaction, and create a plan for similar situations in the future.
- Confidence – Having a coach’s support while making meaningful can positively impact a leader’s confidence level.
- Job and Life Satisfaction – By taking the time to assess their lives with the help of a coach, leaders can find more time for work/life balance. This tends to lead to better performance, retention, and increased satisfaction with their job.