Residential Services

Village of Hope

The Village of Hope is a temporary housing program for homeless adults in Bucks County who have been diagnosed with both a mental health and substance abuse disorder. The goal of the program is to provide a supportive, recovery-oriented environment for those who voluntarily wish to recover from substance abuse and mental health issues.

We offer 24-hour, 7 days-a-week coverage. The average length of stay is 9 months although residents may stay up to 2 years.

Our program is based in two houses, one that serves eight males and one that serves eight females. The residents of each house have access to the services offered on the Penn Foundation campus. After the resident has completed stabilization treatment, work, education, and volunteering become priorities. Program staff will transport residents to places of employment within a certain radius.

The program is designed to provide assistance in gaining skills necessary for successful re-entry into the mainstream of life. Our staff assists residents with medication management, shopping, cooking skills, cleaning, etc. Residents are encouraged to learn ways to constructively use personal time such as hobbies or participating in exercise and sports activities. Computers, exercise equipment, and optional outings (e.g. baseball games, movies, hiking, fishing) are available to residents.

For more information about the Village of Hope, please contact us at 215.453.5191 or

Penn Villa

Penn Villa is an integrated community providing housing support for adults with major mental illnesses and adults with co-occurring mental illnesses and substance abuse disorders. Within a caring community of current tenants, alumni, and committed staff, independence, personal growth, and holistic recovery are facilitated.

Group Home

With a preference for residents of Bucks County, this housing is known as a Community Residential Rehabilitation (CRR) program. Tenants are offered 24-hour on-site availability of staff support and supervision within a mixed gender group home with eight single bedrooms/private bathrooms.


With a preference for residents of Bucks and Montgomery counties, this housing is known as Supported Housing. Tenants are offered daily staff support within five joined townhomes. Each tenant has his/her own bedroom within a three-bedroom townhome.

Rental Cost

Rent is based on 30% of income, up to the maximum allowable charge. Townhome residents are responsible for purchase and preparation of their own food. Group home residents are charged for food since food is provided by the program.

Eligibility Requirements

Applicants need to meet income eligibility criteria of less than 60% of the area median income. Penn Villa has a preference for adults with major mental illnesses and adults with co-occurring mental illnesses and substance abuse disorders. Applicants need to be free of active use of illegal drugs or alcohol and be free of current legal charges.


To apply for housing at the group home or townhomes or for more information about Penn Villa, please contact Chelsey Phillips at 267.404.5877 or Please provide your name, phone number, and mailing address.

* Because the application form includes financial information to assess financial eligibility for Penn Villa, the application needs to be completed with the involvement of the applicant and/or his/her payee. Applications cannot be faxed. Please return completed applications directly to Chelsey Phillips.

Penn Gardens

Effective April 30, 2023, Penn Gardens has closed its Waiting List and can no longer accept applications due to the wait time considered to be excessive.

Penn Gardens is a Section 8/202 property. Each of the 20 one-bedroom units has an occupancy standard limited to one low-income adult (age 18 years of age or older) who has a severe mental illness but who has been deemed by professionals as being capable of independent living in the community.

Income limits for residency are established by the federal government and are identified as being “Very Low” or “Extremely Low” by area standards. Based on a resident’s verified personal income, he/she pays a calculated portion of the unit’s gross market rent and HUD subsidizes the remainder.

Applications for residency may be requested by phone (215.257.5074). However, applications are only accepted during “open enrollment” periods (when the wait for an available unit is no more than one year).

For more information, please call us at 215.257.5074.