Camp Mariposa® is a national addiction prevention and mentoring program for children who have been impacted by substance abuse in their families. The transformational weekend camp, offered 4-6 times a year for children ages 9-12, provides a safe, fun and supportive environment critical to helping to break the cycle of addiction. Campers participate in traditional camp activities combined with education and support exercises led by Penn Foundation’s mental health professionals and trained mentors.
Camp Mariposa is offered free-of-charge to all families thanks to our partnership with Eluna and the generosity of individuals and business in the community.
Deliver the gift of HOPE by sending a child to camp!
Sponsor a Camper
A $300 donation ($25 a month)
makes it possible for a child to:
- Attend a weekend, overnight camp with lodging and all meals provided
- Experience traditional camp activities such as a giant swing, crafts, hiking, bonfires, swimming, climbing wall, giant slip-and-slide, fishing, paddle boating, team games, and more!
- Participate in education and support exercises led by Penn Foundation’s mental health professionals and trained mentors focused on healthy and unhealthy family roles, signs of suicide, social skills, sleep hygiene and other self-care, mindfulness, and personal journaling and reflections
- Connect with other youth who understand their challenges and bond with adults that they can trust
- Go home with resources to know that they didn’t CAUSE it, can’t CONTROL it, can’t CURE it, but they can take CARE of themselves, by COMMUNICATING their feelings, making good CHOICES, and CELEBRATING them!
|Sponsor a Camper||Register a Camper||Apply to be a Mentor|
For more information about Camp Mariposa or Eluna, please contact Jennifer Villare, Camp Mariposa Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 267.404.5035.