|How You Can Help|
We’re Open, Taking New Clients,
Applying New Safeguards, and Continuing Virtual Services
Safely Welcoming Clients!
As we continue to serve our community during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have adopted several new safeguards to make our campus and offices even safer. If you are scheduled for an in-person visit, you will find comfort in knowing about our enhanced safeguards.
- Client & Staff Screenings: Clients scheduled for an appointment are screened prior to coming to Penn Foundation and screened again within 24 hours of arrival. Staff reporting to work are having their temperatures taken daily.
- Masks & Other Protective Equipment: All individuals on our premises are expected to wear a mask. If you need a mask, a one-time-use mask will be provided. Staff are also regularly using gloves and other personal protective equipment.
- Robust Cleanings: Enhanced cleaning services have been implemented, and sanitary stations have been placed throughout our buildings with sanitizer and disinfectant wipes.
- Physical Distancing: Signage, floor decals, one-way staircases, and waiting areas reinforce the need to stay six feet apart.
- Enhanced Protocols: Our inpatient program is testing all new clients as part of our expanded admission criteria, monitoring temperatures daily for both clients and staff, and following all CDC social distancing and cleaning guidelines.
- In-home Services: Community-based workers are screening clients before arranging visits. If an in-home session is planned, you can expect the clinician to be equipped with personal protective equipment to keep you and him or her safe.
Fears, stress, and anxiety tied to the COVID-19 pandemic have caused many individuals to put off seeking the treatment they need. Don’t delay your recovery. We’re here, safely welcoming and treating clients, and hearing extremely positive feedback on the robust safeguards in place. Let’s connect today so you can find hope and healing!
Ready to connect? Call us at 215-257-6551.