Therapeutic Staff Support (TSS) (Autism)
The TSS provides one-to-one interventions to children and adolescents, in a variety of settings, who are diagnosed on the autism spectrum. The TSS offers emotional support, mentoring, and crisis intervention support and implements ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) under the supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst and Licensed Behavior Specialist trained in ABA.
Hours: Part-Time, 20-30 hours/week (fee-for-service)
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Provide one-to-one ABA interventions, where recommended and as outlined in the treatment plan, on an intensive basis that is specific to each child’s individual needs. Assist in transferring these skills to caregivers.
- Work as part of a team to prevent the need for more restrictive settings for children and adolescents.
- Facilitate the maintenance of the child/adolescent in community settings such as schools, neighborhoods, child centers or other normalized environments, as indicated in the psychological evaluation.
- Work in conjunction with other multi-disciplinary team members to help the child/adolescent to achieve his/her individual treatment plan goals.
- Assist with implementing a Crisis Prevention Safety Plan with other professionals and family as needed.
- Establish a working relationship with parents/guardian.
- Maintain detailed progress notes for each session and record behavioral data. To be submitted, along with other necessary paperwork, on a weekly basis.
- Attend weekly group supervision and ABA teaching sessions facilitated by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in the human services field; or an Associate’s Degree (60 credits towards a Bachelor’s Degree) with the equivalent of a least 3 years direct contact with children/adolescents.
- Experience working with children and adolescents diagnosed on the autism spectrum.
- Certified Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) trained desired, but not required.
- A Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check, a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance and an FBI Criminal History Background Check.
Penn Foundation is an equal opportunity employer