Substance Abuse Counselor-Mobile Engagement Services
The person in this position completes a host of responsibilities that are critical to client in-flow for the Penn Foundation’s Recovery Center Departments and Mobile Engagement Services (MES).
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Handles client intake by determining client need, checking insurance benefits, entering admissions data in the computer, and scheduling new clients through Penn Foundation’s Open Access Program.
- Primary person responsible for completing Medical Assistance applications for all clients who come to the Recovery Center and are county funded.
- Responsible for engaging all Bucks County funded individuals assessing the need for Mobile Engagement Services.
- Completes and submits Medical Assistance applications using the state Compass system in coordination with the persons served and their family members.
- Undergraduate degree or actively pursuing a degree or certification
- Understand payor sources and protocol, addiction treatment options, emergency management, and client/family interventions
- Must be competent in addressing clinical matters over the phone or through a formal clinical assessment
- Properly certified to complete the P.C.P.C or ASAM
- A Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check, a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance and a FBI Criminal History Background Check
Penn Foundation is an equal opportunity employer