The responsibilities of the Residential Instructor include partnering with residents with behavioral health challenges in their daily activities according to their individual needs, and goals. The Residential Instructor provides on-duty, on-site coverage, and on-site, on-call overnight coverage within a supportive housing program.
Hours: Part-time Friday 5:30pm - Saturday 4:30pm (includes 8 hours asleep from 11:30pm-7:30am)
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Coach and/or supervise residents in completion of daily activities according to individual need using psychiatric rehabilitation approach.
- Implement applicable rehabilitation plan interventions.
- Provide recovery oriented counseling as evidenced by utilization of active listening skills and other motivational enhancement techniques.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Minimum of two years of direct care experience in human services agency and minimum of two years of college which includes courses appropriate to human services field or any equivalent combination of experience and training. (Combination of relevant education and training preferred).
- Candidate for this position must be committed to psychiatric rehabilitation/recovery oriented approach.
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s license required.
- A Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check, a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, and a FBI Criminal History Background Check.
Penn Foundation is an equal opportunity employer