Residential Instructor – Penn Villa
The responsibilities of the Residential Instructor include partnering with residents with behavioral health challenges in their daily activities according to their individual needs, and goals. The Residential Instructor provides on-duty, on-site coverage, and on-site, on-call overnight coverage within a supportive housing program.
Hours: Day/evening shifts available with some overnights required
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Coach and/or supervise residents in completion of daily activities according to individual need.
- Implement applicable rehabilitation plan interventions.
- Provide recovery oriented counseling as evidenced by utilization of active listening skills and other motivational enhancement techniques.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Some education in human services and some experience working in human services.
- Candidate for this position must be committed to psychiatric rehabilitation/recovery oriented approach.
- A Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check, a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, and an FBI Criminal History Background Check required.
Penn Foundation is an equal opportunity employer