The responsibilities of the Residential Advisor in the Village of Hope Housing Program include instruction and supervision of residents in their daily activities, according to their individual needs and the goals of their individualized residential services plans. The Advisor provides on-site coverage and assists in performing routine resident-care duties and promotes a positive and supportive environment.
Hours: Part-time (Tuesday 11:00pm-7am and Sunday 11:00pm-7:00am 14 hours asleep/2 hours awake)
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Instructs residents in independent living skills of cooking, menu planning, grocery shopping, money management, cleaning, laundry, personal hygiene, etc.
- Supervises residents in performing daily activities according to individual need including providing transportation for necessary activities as needed and according to transportation policy.
- Maintains medication logs.
- Conducts urine drug screens/breathalyzer screens per Program policy.
- Conducts room, property, community area, and vehicle searches per Program policy.
- Conducts fire drills per Program policy and as assigned.
- Instructs residents in physical plant emergency procedures, standard precautions, and safe food storage/cooking practices as required/assigned.
- Ensures that any safety problems are corrected or reported to the Director for correction. Also, works with the Coordinator in resolving all facility or furnishing problems as required.
- Provides documentation of resident activity/progress/staff interventions and communicates concerns and observations to supervisory staff.
- Promotes a supportive environment for residents according to their individual needs.
- Provides crisis intervention as needed.
- Assumes responsibility for continuing education and staff development/certification requirements.
- Other duties as assigned and depending on shift (i.e. staff development tracking, program fire drill tracking, refrigerator temperature monitoring, resident sign-out monitoring, etc.)
- High School Diploma and a minimum of one year experience working with either the AOD or mental health population or a minimum of one year experience in MH or AOD personal recovery OR Associates Degree in the human services field.
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license required.
- A Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check, a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance and a FBI Criminal History Background Check required.
Penn Foundation is an equal opportunity employer