Psych Rehabilitation Specialist
The Psych Rehabilitation Specialist/Practitioner is responsible for the direct provision of Intensive Psychiatric Rehabilitation (IPR) services. The purpose of the REACH program is to assist individuals with serious and persistent mental illness and co-occurring substance use disorders in setting and achieving personal goals in their living, learning, working, and social environments. To this end, the scope of the Practitioner’s responsibilities includes establishing a working partnership with program participants, assistance with choosing roles, and settings in which people would like to live, learn, or work: identification of the skills and resources necessary for the chosen roles and settings; assistance with skill acquisition and effective implementation; and linkage with or creating the necessary supports/resources.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Maintain a direct service caseload.
- Provide individualized IPR services including:
- establishment of effective and recovery-oriented working relationships;
- provision of individual and class on-site and community-based services;
- assistance with choosing desired roles in desired living, learning, working, and social environments;
- identification of the skills and resources necessary for the chosen roles and settings to be successful and satisfying;
- assistance with skill acquisition and effective skill implementation; and
- linkage with or creating of necessary support/resources.
- Facilitate 2-3 curriculum-based classes per week for program participants.
- Complete assessments and service documentation on a timely basis and as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral health field with 2 years direct experience 1 year of which has to be in psych rehabilitation OR active Certification as a Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioner (CPRP).
- A valid PA Driver’s license and good driving record.
- A Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check, a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance and a FBI Criminal History Background Check.
Penn Foundation is an equal opportunity employer