Patient Services Representative
The Patient Services Representative performs, organizes, and prioritizes the patient registration process in Penn Foundation’s Behavioral Health Outpatient Department. Duties include answering the phone, patient registration, patient scheduling, insurance verification and authorizations.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Answering the telephone in a timely manner to triage patient’s request for service and triage service needs as routine, urgent or emergent.
- Accurately completes the registration process with the patient (either by phone or in person) into the agency electronic health record, including personal health information, demographics, and insurance information.
- Verifies the patient insurance benefits or processes pre-authorizations depending upon the special requirements of the patient’s insurance.
- Schedules initial appointments considering patient need and utilizing the clinic time efficiently.
- An Associate’s Degree or equivalent work related experience.
- Minimum one year experience in the healthcare field preferred.
- Ability to listen to patients and their needs and display compassion and professionalism in all interactions.
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated efficiency with Microsoft Products and electronic health record data entry proficiency.
- A Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check, a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance and a FBI Criminal History Background Check.
Penn Foundation is an equal opportunity employer