Partial Hospital Therapist/Utilization Review Specialist
The Partial Hospital Therapist/Utilization Review Specialist provides individual art therapy, group art therapy, and completes utilization reviews for the PHP/IOP levels of care. Duties include planning, coordinating and providing therapeutic art and case management services for clients in these programs and their families.
Hours: Full-time (Monday through Friday, 8:00-4:30. Schedule may vary if needed to cover evening IOP as requested.)
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Facilitates therapeutic art groups and education groups in professional client centered manner. Conducts Art Therapy sessions in the PHP program when applicable.
- Completes at a minimum of one hour of individual therapy per week for partial clients.
- Includes participation of family as part of the services available to clients.
- Provides Clinical Level of Care Assessments: Meets with clients/families in a professional, thorough and timely fashion, gathers biopsychosocial information and recommends the appropriate level of care based on the use of the ASAM criteria, as indicated. Assures that the client/family has a clear understanding of what is recommended, including alternative options, if any, and the rationale behind the recommendation.
- Documents services rendered within 72 hours using the electronic health record system.
- Triages and facilitates/refers clients who require services other than PHP/IOP (i.e. Outpatient, Mobile Engagement, Inpatient, Mental Health services) in a timely and organized fashion.
- Completes utilization reviews on all participants as required for the Intensive Outpatient and Partial levels of care. Enters the authorization information into the electronic health record and coordinates with team members as required.
- Participates in assisting with Open Access evaluations as able.
- Assists with IOP group coverage needs as requested.
- Undergraduate degree in a human services field. Master’s Degree in Art Therapy
and licensed or licensed eligible preferred.
- Clinical experience in the provision of AOD clinical services.
- A Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check, a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance and a FBI Criminal History Background Check required.
Penn Foundation is an equal opportunity employer