Nurse – Care Manager
The Nurse Care Manager is responsible for conducting facility and community based services, nursing assessments; assessing, motivating, and engaging with the identified population to address physical health needs; making appropriate referrals to community physicians; coordinating pain management care, providing medication coordination with the persons served pharmacy and drug data base system, provide disease and over dose prevention education; and assumes generalist functions of providing, care management and support services within the team as identified.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Take the lead role in conducting nursing assessments on all enrolled members to the COE.
- Attend daily care coordination team meeting.
- Support consumers’ right to choose/informed decision making regarding medication assisted treatment.
- Evaluate and chart psychotropic and medication assisted treatment effectiveness, complications, and side effects; and ensure follow up with supports on all required lab work according to protocol.
- In collaboration with care management team, Coordinator organizes and manages the system of reconciling medication of members between prescribers, including an initial analysis and then weekly analysis of the drug data base system. Communicate to team in daily meeting any concerns noted requiring intervention.
- Based upon medial assessments of client physical health, obtain releases and make appropriate referrals to integrated health coordination team as applicable, and to community physicians for further assessment and treatment and coordinate psychiatric treatment with medical treatment. Coordinate care with involved physical health care providers.
- Ensure pain management care coordination for all members identified with pain management needs. Navigate this special population and follow best practice solutions to the opioid population.
- Provide care coordination, including developing, writing, implementing, evaluating and revising patient care profiles by identifying behavioral and physical health referral needs, including follow up on completion of referrals.
- Provide individual disease education, including overdose prevention and symptom management to members served by the COE.
- Provide coordination of care with pharmacies connected to members of the COE. Work to obtain client consent to use one identified pharmacy for all health care needs, and monitor adherence to this plan.
- Follow up on identified medication assisted treatment needs from daily meeting.
- Provide on-call crisis coverage on a rotating basis with other team members.
- Document client progress and care coordination contacts within the electronic health record.
- Minimum, completion of licensed practical nurse training program.
- Displays sound theoretical knowledge of psychopathology, knowledge of major psychotropic and medication assisted treatment medications and their side effects, and awareness of commonly abused substances and their side effects.
- Maintains valid practical nursing licensure in the Commonwealth of PA and adheres to the profession’s and Penn Foundation’s code of ethics.
- A valid PA Driver’s license and good driving record.
- A Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check, a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance and a FBI Criminal History Background Check.
Penn Foundation is an equal opportunity employer