The team psychiatric nurse is responsible for conducting mobile nursing and psychiatric assessments, assessing physical health needs, making appropriate referrals to community physicians, providing management and administration of medication in conjunction with the psychiatrist, and assumes generalist functions of providing treatment, rehabilitation, care management and support services within the team.
Hours: Full-time (location Pottstown, PA)
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Provide medication administration, medication education, and medical services in coordination with the Nurse Manager.
- Under the direction of the team psychiatrist, develop, revise, maintain and supervise team psychopharmacologic and medical treatment and medication policies and procedures including transcribing, administering, evaluating, and recording prescribed psychotropic medications.
- Evaluate and chart psychotropic medication effectiveness, complications, and side effects and arrange for required lab work according to protocol.
- Under the direction of the psychiatrist and in collaboration with the Nurse Manager, organize and manage the system of getting medication to clients.
- Manage pharmaceuticals and other medical supplies.
- In collaboration with the team psychiatrist, coordinate, schedule, and administer medical assessments of client physical health, making appropriate referrals to community physicians for further assessment and treatment, and coordinate psychiatric treatment with medical treatment.
- Participate in and conduct parts of the client-centered comprehensive assessment.
- Provide care coordination, including developing, writing, implementing, evaluating, and revising treatment goals, providing individual supportive therapy and symptom management, and supporting clients’ families.
- Provide direct clinical services to clients on an individual basis in the office or in community settings to teach behavioral symptom-management techniques to assist clients to adapt to and cope with internal and external stressors.
- Provide practical help and side-by-side coaching, problem-solving, training, and supervision to help clients obtain the necessities of daily living.
- Provide on-call crisis coverage and back-up coverage on a rotating basis with other team members.
- Current Pennsylvania Registered Nurse license
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license with good driving record
- A Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check, a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance and a FBI Criminal History Background Check
Penn Foundation is an equal opportunity employer