Mobile Engagement Services Counselor
The Mobile Engagement Services Counselor provides clinical interventions with high-risk clients and their families. Provide assessments and provide one-on-one client time and perform triage work for clients to all levels of care, both within Penn Foundation and outside agencies.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Provide in-home visits, phone interventions, family meetings, clinical meetings and formal clinical assessments.
- Provide clinical level of care assessments by meeting with clients/families and gathering biopsychosocial information and then determining the appropriate level of care.
- Triage clients who require services (i.e. outpatient, Mobile Engagement Services, inpatient, mental health services).
- Provide one-one-one time with clients assessing clinical progress, administering urine drug screens, and providing treatment interventions when necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the human services field, Certified Addictions Counselor or Certified Recovery Specialist
- Work as part of a team, displaying flexibility, assertiveness and good sense of boundaries
- Ability to work assertively and compassionately with addicted clients and their families
- Ability to make decisive, clinically appropriate decisions that are in the best interest of the client/family
- A valid PA Driver’s license and good driving record
- A Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check, a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance and a FBI Criminal History Background Check
Penn Foundation is an equal opportunity employer