Mental Health Professional – Family Based Services
The Mental Health Professional provides family evaluations and other services to both parents and children which include but not limited to psycho-education (e.g. life management skills), case management and crisis intervention.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Conduct family evaluations, including in-home observation and interviews in order to assess for family structure, dynamics, parenting skills, support systems and previous agency contacts. Ensure competency in providing mental health services to program’s patient population(s).
- Participate in the development of the treatment plan and case management to ensure the proper and appropriate treatment is provided.
- Provide telephone and in-person crisis intervention to families during both schedule and non-scheduled work hours to ensure crisis services are available to those in need.
- Meet with individuals from applicable community services to assure appropriate service delivery for families, and participate in inter-agency case review activities and assist in the coordination of meetings for inter-team consultation to promote maximum use of community resources.
- Document assignment and intervention in progress notes, treatment plan and daily log to assist in maintaining chronological and complete accounting of client care.
- Participate in required trainings throughout the year.
- Have the ability to work in a team setting.
- Work a flexible schedule to include evening hours.
- A master’s degree in a mental health/human services related field.
- At least two years’ experience in child and adolescent mental health services (or certification in the Family Based Services Mental Health Services training program and have at least four years’ experience in Family Based Mental Health Services).
- Experience in working with individuals with trauma issues is a plus.
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish) a plus.
- Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check, a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance and a FBI Criminal History Background Check.
Penn Foundation is an equal opportunity employer