Medical Staff Assistant
The Medical Staff Assistant will provide support to Mental Health Outpatient Medical staff in various areas of their days.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Manage all calls to the Medical Staff and coordinate return communication. This may pertain to communicating with patients, pharmacies, other providers or internal communications.
- Manage the forms requested for completion by the Medical Staff.
- Manage all prior authorizations for the medical staff.
- Provide back-up to the Prescription line.
- Provide oversight on the medical staff master schedules. Ensuring accuracy with schedules and insurance requirements.
- Prepare and distribute reminder call reports to participating departments.
- Be crosstrained in aspects of Client Registration and Secretarial roles as support.
- Performs related work as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree or high school diploma with work experience deemed equivalent.
- Computer proficiency.
- Prior experience in human services field and/or insurance related-experience preferred.
- A Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check, a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance and a FBI Criminal History Background Check.
Penn Foundation is an equal opportunity employer