Intake Assessor – Substance Abuse
The Intake Assessor handles clinical responsibilities such as phone call triage of clients’ needs, working with clients and families to address these needs, completing the intake process, checking insurance benefits, entering admission data into the computer, scheduling new clients, handling phone intervention care, assessing clients/families for all levels of care, assisting with the process of placement if clients require inpatient residential care and interfacing with managed care companies to pre-cert. care and secure funding.
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Manage phone calls by clinically screening clients’ needs and working with the clients and families to address these needs.
• Client Intake – verify insurance benefits, enter admission data in computer and schedule new clients.
• Perform biopsychosocial assessments and determine level of care when needed.
• A Bachelor’s degree in the human services field.
• Ability to listen to clients and their needs.
• Ability to command respect and cooperation from clients and families.
• Ability to make decisive, clinically-appropriate decisions that are in the best interests of the client/family.
• Ability to display good clinical judgment, compassion, and professionalism in all interactions with others.
• A Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check, a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance and a FBI Criminal History Background Check required.
Penn Foundation is an equal opportunity employer