Inpatient Substance Abuse Counselor
The Inpatient Substance Abuse Counselor plans, coordinates, and provides counseling and case management for residential detoxification clients and their families.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Provide individual counseling and family interventions.
- Provide group counseling.
- Provide case management duties when needed.
- Provide clinically-related tasks such as correspondence, completion of managed care forms, and works to assure services are authorized.
- Triage clients who require services other than inpatient (i.e. crisis, mental health services).
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in the human services field.
- Clinical experience in the provision of AOD clinical services and/or mental health services.
- Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check, a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance and a FBI Criminal History Background Check.
Penn Foundation is an equal opportunity employer