The Co-Occurring Specialist assumes the responsibility of providing and coordinating substance abuse assessments, treatment planning, and service delivery tailored to the individual needs of clients with co-occurring disorders of mental illness and substance abuse. The Co-Occurring Specialist assumes generalist functions of providing treatment, rehabilitation, care management and support services within the ACT team.
Hours: Full-time (Pottstown location)
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Provide individual, family, and group counseling to persons with co-occurring substance abuse and mental health problems in community settings.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments for use of drugs and/or alcohol and the effects of the addiction on the individual’s physical, social, and emotional health.
- Provide service coordination for an assigned group of clients.
- Provide on-going assessment of clients’ symptoms and response to treatment.
- Provide on-call crisis intervention and serve as back-up after hours on a rotating schedule.
- A Master’s Degree in the human services field required.
- Full certification as an addictions counselor or a co-occurring professional from the PA Certification Board.
- A solid understanding of prevention, intervention, addiction, and recovery along with specific knowledge about alcohol and other drugs of abuse.
- A Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check, a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance and a FBI Criminal History Background Check required.
Penn Foundation is an equal opportunity employer