Billing Specialist (Credible Software)
The Billing Specialist is responsible for the collection, and management of the self-pay account receivables. This includes the authorization and management of payment plans and the pre-collection processes. The Billing Specialist is responsible for printing client statements and/or submitting electronic and paper claims, as directed. The Billing Specialist is expected to contact clients concerning all matters related to their accounts. Assist as needed and at Billing Management’s request, with any billing and/or posting of client and/or insurance payments. Work along with Billing Management to improve the quality of billing procedures and documentation.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Perform all duties and job responsibilities in a manner that promotes the core values of Penn Foundation.
- Maintain compliance and quality standards with agency’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain a working knowledge of insurances accepted at Penn Foundation, as well as collection policies and procedures.
- Maximize the reimbursement for services provided by Penn Foundation by decreasing A/R and collecting monies primarily identified as Self-Pay.
- Utilize third party remittance advises, EOBs and other business correspondence in order to identify payment issues that need further investigation.
- Functions as the primary contact for self-pay questions.
- Responds to all correspondence, telephone calls and other inquiries from designated carrier(s), supervisor, CFO and other staff members regarding self-pay account status.
- Manages payment plans to ensure compliance with agreements on file.
- Process payment plans that are in default through to collections.
- Maintains the self-pay A/R in order to maximize self-pay collections.
- Follow all department workflows and procedures.
- Assist in insurance billing and claims processing where needed.
- BA/BS preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous medical billing experience along with knowledge of billing related reporting; 3-5 years’ experience in Behavioral health-care billing & collection practices
- Experience in Quality Review/Auditing of Billing claims
- Experience working with medical payers such as Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial insurances
- Experience with 837 electronic claim processing
- Experience with 835 electronic payment processing and denial management
- Working knowledge of medical billing systems and various software. Credible software experience a plus
- Working knowledge of CPT and ICD-9/ICD-10 coding systems
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
- A Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check, a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance and a FBI Criminal History Background Check.
Penn Foundation is an equal opportunity employer