Assistant Director – Emergency Services
To provide emergency psychiatric and chemical dependency services to clients via telephone and in person in the Department of Emergency Medicine at Grand View Hospital. To perform appropriate assessments, interventions and disposition for these clients, including voluntary and involuntary hospitalizations, or referral to appropriate community resources within mental health laws and managed care regulations.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Performs complete client assessments for treatment, intervention and disposition.
- Provides telephone support and referrals to community members utilizing the Penn Foundation Crisis Line.
- Performs documentation in appropriate records (according to criteria).
- Utilizes family and significant others as appropriate for completing evaluations.
- Collaborates with other professionals for interventions and referrals.
- Completes involuntary hospitalizations in the Department of Emergency Medicine at Grand View Hospital according to Mental Health Law and attends commitment hearings as necessary.
- Assists as needed in collecting monthly statistical data for emergency service.
- Attends scheduled crisis team meetings.
- Performs backup telephone coverage for Penn Foundation programs.
- Knowledge of services provided at Penn Foundation.
- Abides by guidelines of confidentiality.
- Assist Director with on-call coverage
- Assist Director with Quality Improvement data collection
- Assist Director with training and scheduling crisis workers
- Maintain County Database
- Assist Director with timesheets for payroll
- Works cooperatively with all clinicians and physicians.
- Coordinates effectively with intake and case management at Penn Foundation and social work.
- Functions cooperatively with Grandview Hospital Department of Emergency Medicine including physicians, nursing personnel, and EMT.
- Psychiatric degree in human services field and/or previous work experience in psychology, psychiatric service area or human services field. Masters degree preferred.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention skills.
- A Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check, a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance and a FBI Criminal History Background Check.
Penn Foundation is an equal opportunity employer