Under guidance from the Program Director, provides a host of responsibilities that are critical to client in-flow for the Recovery Center departments. This person must understand payor sources and protocol, addiction treatment options, Penn Foundation services, emergency management, and client/family interventions. Employee must also be competent in addressing clinical matters over the phone or through a formal clinical assessment. This position is able to float between different duties and prioritize tasks depending on the needs of those seeking help and the demands of the department.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Handles phone calls by clinically screening client need and working with client and family to
address these needs.
- Handles client intake by determining client need, checking insurance benefits, entering
admission data into the computer, and scheduling new clients.
- Assists Intake manager in handling phone intervention care through our MES program, following
Level I protocol as needed.
- Assesses clients/families in a professional, thorough and timely fashion. Assuring that the
client/family has a clear understanding of what is recommended, including alternative options, if
any, and the clinical rationale behind the recommendation.
- Performs Biopsychosocial Assessments and determines level of care when needed.
- Bachelor’s preferred
- A valid PA Driver’s license and good driving record.
- A Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check, a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance and a FBI Criminal History Background Check.
Penn Foundation is an equal opportunity employer