Under guidance from the Outpatient Director, Director and Psychiatrist, with latitude for initiative and independent professional judgment, serves as an assessor for the Outpatient/Partial Hospital Department. Plans and coordinates therapeutic services for outpatient clients and their families.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Assesses clients/families in a professional, thorough and timely fashion. Assures that the client/family has a clear understanding of what is recommended, including alternative options, if any, and the rationale behind the recommendation.
- Triages clients who require services other than Outpatient (i.e. Mobile Engagement Services, Inpatient, mental health services) in a timely and organized fashion.
- Provides clinically related tasked such as correspondence, completion of managed care forms, and works in assuring services are authorized and client obligations are handled.
- Manages pre-certifications and other insurance and/or county related requirements for authorizing care.
- Completes all required documentation within the standard time frames. Ensures that all documentation is complete from admission to discharge, as applicable.
- Graduate degree in the human services discipline and licensed or license-eligible or Bachelor’s Degree with CADC or CCDP.
- Clinical experience in the provision of AOD clinical services.
- A Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check, a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance and a FBI Criminal History Background Check.
Penn Foundation is an equal opportunity employer